Querida Cochabamba:

Random Acts of Kindness

Filed under: Uncategorized — Laurel at 10:34 am on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hope everyone is doing well!

So far I´m loving it in Cochabamba, and it all started with my plane flights. What I expected to be one of the scariest parts of the trip for me was actually pretty nice. On every flight there were kind people who were more than willing to help me. First, on the flight from Houston to Miami there was a nice Brazilian couple sitting next to me on the plane. I noticed that they were speaking in Spanish (which surprised me once they told me they were from Brazil) and it took me a while to muster up the courage to talk to them, but I eventually did and once we started talking, I felt a lot more relaxed. Then on the flight from Miami to La Paz I met a man named Aldolfo. He was very kind and helped me with all of the forms that I had to fill out for customs. What´s also crazy about this is that on my way to the airport, I randomly had the song ¨Aldolpho¨ from The Drowsy Chaperone stuck in my head, and I had absolutely no idea why. It was just going through my head all day, so then once this man told me that his name was Aldolfo I laughed (and then had to explain to him why I was laughing. He had never seen the musical before). Then, from La Paz to Cochabamba, I met a nice girl who was about my age and we just talked for the whole flight. She gave me some advice and her contact information in case I ever needed anything. So, for anyone who is worrying about me and whether I´m being taken care of, don´t worry. 🙂

Saludos,

Laurel Bingman

No Comments

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

© 2024 Querida Cochabamba:   Provided by WPMU DEV -The WordPress Experts   Hosted by Rice University Blogs